Guidelines for generators:
You’re having the perfect evening, music is not too loud, vibes in the camp site are great, when suddenly your neighbour fires up his earth-shatteringly noisy generator. Generator noise pollution can be more disturbing and intrusive than a loud sound system.
Let’s all agree to some guidelines to make our camping experience better.
Generator hours for Theme Camps and Artworks can’t be regulated, but we ask that you be as considerate as possible to your neighbours.
- Consider environmentally friendly energy solutions, such as solar and lower wattage appliances.
- Make sure your generator is serviced for maximum efficiency.
- Build a sound and fire-resistant baffle for your generator. Baffles can reduce the noise of your generator tremendously.
Generator hours for campsites 11am – 4pm.
- Cables and leads are a trip hazard, ensure all cables and leads are handled in a safe way.
- If you’re in a campsite and you want to run a sound system it should be battery operated. Sound systems in camping areas should be shut off after 11pm. A 12 volt battery will be ample.
- Consider investing in a blimped or silent generator or solar panels and batteries.
- There is a limit to how much fuel and gas you can have on your campsite.