Guidelines for generators:
You’re having the perfect evening, music is not too loud, vibes in the camp site are great, when suddenly your neighbour fires up his earth-shatteringly noisy generator. Generator noise pollution can be more disturbing and intrusive than a loud sound system.
Let’s all agree to some guidelines to make our camping experience better.
Generator hours for Theme Camps and Artworks can’t be regulated, but we ask that you be as considerate as possible to your neighbours.
- Build a sound and fire resistant baffle for your generator. Baffles can reduce the noise of your generator tremendously.
- Generator hours for campsites 11am – 4pm.
- Make sure your cables are handled in a safe way.
- If you’re in a campsite and you want to run a sound system it should be battery operated. Sound systems in camping areas should be shut off after 11pm. A 12 volt battery will be ample.
- Consider investing in a blimped or silent generator or solar panels and batteries.
- There is a limit to how much fuel and gas you can have on your campsite.
- Mandatory switch off times: 7am – 11am Monday – Thursday. This includes generators unless it’s critical to your Theme camp operations.
Email [email protected] if you’re keen to get involved on the Sound Committee or
as a Sound Ranger (or just have ideas & suggestions).
Click here to access our Sound Policy.