Meeting new people can be one of the best parts of our Burn but some of us may find this more tricksy than others, especially as so many burners seem to know each other already. Luckily, there are plenty of ways for YOU to join in …
- Volunteering is one of the best ways to meet new people – Sanctuary and Rangers have a LOT of shifts to fill! Check us as one way to BE THE BURN!
- Working towards a common goal as part of a team lets us meet a great variety of people without having to find ways to break the ice whilst contributing.
- Workshops are a great way to meet like-minded people especially if you’re walking around on your own – just ask.
- Your own camp/neighbourhood is a natural place to meet new friends – get to know your neighbours by saying Hello!
- Don’t be intimidated if people seem to know each other – AfrikaBurn is one of the most friendly places you can be, so feel free to join in with groups.
- Icebreaker questions can be a useful thing to have up your sleeve to start things off …