The purpose of this role is to support all the AfrikaBurn portfolios that have mapping and spatial considerations, driving the accuracy, consistency and timeous delivery of the various maps required for AfrikaBurn the event and beyond. This role will require skills in town planning, mapping technology (including CAD, KML or similar), demarcation, surveying, placing of toilets & essential services, signage, emergency services, theme camps, art placement, event design and environmental best practice.
It will also require coordinating and collating the various spatial elements and mapping datasets and delivering these in an appropriate format to a variety of AfrikaBurn portfolios to enable their work.
It will be a desktop and in the field job. It will be a supportive role as well as reactive/responsive to individual AfrikaBurn portfolio needs.
- A key element will be to develop and deliver accurate maps, i.e. physically assess the landscape of the AfrikaBurn event site and map any changes onto editable working maps.
- Maps to be geo-referenced where necessary/possible.
- Ensure that maps are accurate, that the environment on Quaggafontein is effectively mapped.
- Anticipate spatial and land usage challenges.
- Coordinate spatial inputs and mapping needs from a variety of portfolios and sources together so they are easy to execute and communicate.
This role will:
- Work closely with volunteers in GIS, collate all drone and satellite images
- Organise the land database.
- Collate mapping layouts.
This is a paid contract role, with a focus on deliverables in the months preceding the event (end April 2023). If you are interested in applying or want to know more, please apply to [email protected] with a subject title: Mapping and Spatial Manager, along with a CV and a short letter of motivation. Please note that applications for this role have now closed.